The Becker Career Center is back to the blog, #BeckerBlogs! Join us here to learn more about happenings at the Career Center and tips for success.
Today, we want to welcome you back to campus for another great year at Union.
This summer many students participated in internships and other exciting experiences. Eight students in particular were supported in their internships at non-profit organizations by funding from Union alumni.
We want to shout out a special thank you to our alumni who funded these amazing students this summer: The Class of 1973, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, the David J. Bigda family, and the Board of Trustees who established an endowed fund in the name of Roger H. Hull.
This summer’s funded interns did great things at:
- Lily Suhanovsky ’17, Head Start, Schenectady, NY;
- Deshon Burgess ’17, College AIM (Achievement. Inspiration. Moxie.), Decatur, GA;
- Chrissy Craig ’19, Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services, Kenosha, WI;
- Sara Halsey ’17, Audubon Connecticut, Greenwich, CT;
- Gillian Henry ’17, National Organization for Women (NOW), Washington, DC;
- Audrey Hunt ’17 (our very own Student Forum President!), Heritage Christian Services, East Rochester, NY;
- James Molloy ’17, Trout Unlimited, Maine and New York;
- Lindsey Sepe ’17, Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center, Yonkers, NY
Lindsey Sepe discussed her experience this summer on a previous #BeckerBlogs post. “The children at Elizabeth Seton have left an imprint on my heart forever, and I hope to have a lasting positive effect on them too.” To read the full blog post, please visit https://unioncollegecareers.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/so-much-happiness/ and make sure to watch the video below.
If you are interested in learning more about this program talk with any of these students or reach out to Rochelle at the Career Center.