Are U ready to make your post-grad plans?
If you didn’t get a chance to attend Senior Orientation, no worries; get together with a few friends/teammates/club members and let us know a date and time that works for you; contact Rochelle at email@example.com. Senior Orientation is required to participate in recruiting activities through the Becker Career Center (i.e., if you want to apply for jobs, you’ll want to attend a Senior Orientation).
- “Treat your job search or graduate school planning as if it were a class; schedule time on a weekly basis.”
- “Start the job hunt as soon as possible, especially if you want a leadership development program, as most start recruiting in the early fall.”
- “Start your graduate school applications NOW. It takes time to get personal statements reviewed and to ask professors to write letters of recommendation.”
- “Use the UCAN Alumni Database and LinkedIn: I called over 20 alums and talked to them about their careers, and any advice they had for me. This was one of the most helpful things I did. I figured out the types of jobs I was interested in, and helped narrow my search.”
- “I learned that practice makes perfect.By practicing interviews as many times as I did with the career center, I felt ready to do it in the ‘real world’. Take advantage of Mock Interview Day with real employers on Sept. 30.” Contact the Career Center to sign up: 518.388.6176.
- “Apply for jobs that you have the slightest interest in;you never know what you’ll learn about yourself, and you may even end up liking it. Be open minded & give things a try.”
To get started on these or other aspects of your job search or graduate school plans, contact the Career Center at CareerCenter@union.edu. You don’t want to end up like this!