Are U ready to make your post-grad plans?
Kudos to those of you who attended the first few Senior Orientations! If you didn’t get a chance to attend Senior Orientation, no worries; there are more sessions scheduled all month! Or, get together with a few friends/teammates/club members and let us know a date and time that works for you; contact Rochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Senior Orientation is required to participate in recruiting activities through the Becker Career Center (i.e., if you want to apply for jobs, you’ll want to attend a Senior Orientation).
Upcoming Senior Orientations
Monday, September 18, 1pm*
Tuesday, September 19, 5pm
Wednesday, September 20, 4pm
Thursday, September 21, 1pm*
Monday, September 25, 5pm
Wednesday, September 27, 7pm
Thursday, September 28, 5pm
- “Start your graduate school applications NOW. It takes time to get personal statements reviewed and to ask professors to write letters of recommendation.”
- “Start the job hunt as soon as possible, especially if you want a leadership development program, as most start recruiting in the early fall.” Meghan Erdman ’15
- “Coming in to the Career Center every few weeks or so for a meeting was really helpful.” Marley Weig-Pickering ’17
- “Networking is key! I attended a speed-networking event; it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Keep talking to alumni and asking questions.” -Madeleine Clemmons ’17
- “The most important things I learned from the career center were how to network using UCAN and properly communicate with professionals.” -Lauren Gibson ’17
- “I learned that practice makes perfect.By practicing interviews as many times as I did with the career center, I felt ready to do it in the real world.” -2015 Alum in Non-Profit Industry. Take advantage of Mock Interview Day with real employers on Thursday, October 12th. Contact the Career Center to sign up: 518.388.6176.
- “Apply for jobs that you have the slightest interest in;you never know what you’ll learn about yourself, and you may even end up liking it. Be open minded & give things a try.”
- “Be on the hunt for jobs every single day; treat it as another class. –2015 Alum
To get started on these or other aspects of your job search or graduate school plans, contact the Career Center at CareerCenter@union.edu.