Practice Makes Perfect.
I’m sure you have all heard this phrase before. Whether it is getting ready for the next big game, performance, concert, or speech, we all know that practicing improves the outcome! The same can be said for preparing for interviews for jobs and internships! You wouldn’t want to step into an interview and do this:
So, how can you avoid freezing during an interview? The answer is simple, mock interviews!
Lucky for you, we are hosting a Mock Interview Day on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12th from 9am- 3:30pm. This is your chance to schedule mock interviews with REAL employers without the stress of having a job or internship on the line! These employers will ask you basic, behavioral interview questions and provide feedback on your ability to answer their questions, body language and overall presence. This feedback will give you some great insight on your areas for improvement and instances where you shine!
To sign up for a 30 minute Mock Interview time, you can follow these instructions:
1) Log into HireU (https://www.myinterfase.com/union/student)
- Username: ID#
- Password: Last name
2) Select “Career Center Events” from the top yellow navigation bar
3) Career Event Name – type “Mock”
- Then Click Search
4) Select time you would like, click “register for event”
- Seniors who have not attended Senior Orientation must call the Career Center to sign up 518.388.6176
5) READ and PRINT registration page for reference (View the Guide to Interviewing to prep for your Mock Interview)
6) Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Mock Interview Day in the subject.
***By signing up in HireU you are committing to participate in this program at the time you select.
If you have having trouble signing up, you can call the career center to register, (518) 388-6176 or email email@example.com! Deadline to sign up is Tuesday, October 10th.
You do not want to miss this opportunity to interview with real employers or you’ll end up like this: