Are U ready to make your post-grad plans?
Kudos to those of you who attended the first few Senior Orientations! If you didn’t get a chance to attend Senior Orientation, no worries; there are more sessions scheduled all month! Or, get together with a few friends/teammates/club members and let me know a date and time that works for you; contact Rochelle at email@example.com. Senior Orientation is required to participate in recruiting activities through the Becker Career Center (i.e., if you want to apply for jobs, you’ll want to attend a Senior Orientation).
Upcoming Senior Orientations
Monday, September 17, 1pm*
Tuesday, September 18, 5pm
Wednesday, September 19, 4:30pm
Thursday, September 20, 1pm*
Monday, September 24, 5pm
Wednesday, September 26, 7pm
Thursday, September 27, 6pm
- “Start your graduate school applications NOW. It takes time to get personal statements reviewed and to ask professors to write letters of recommendation.”
- “Start the job search process EARLY!! It is so helpful to give yourself lots of time to discuss your options. Job searching will become your fourth (and most important) course throughout senior year. To help USE THE CAREER CENTER!! Don’t forget to enjoy every single moment in your last year of college – it will fly by!” -Caitlyn McLaren ’18
- “The most important things I learned from the career center were how to network using UCAN and properly communicate with professionals.” -Lauren Gibson ’17
- “I learned that practice makes perfect.By practicing interviews as many times as I did with the career center, I felt ready to do it in the real world.” -2015 Alum in Non-Profit Industry. Take advantage of Mock Interview Day with real employers on 28. Sign up in Handshake or contact the Career Center to sign up: 518.388.6176.
- “Apply for jobs that you have the slightest interest in;you never know what you’ll learn about yourself, and you may even end up liking it. Be open minded & give things a try.”
To get started on these or other aspects of your job search or graduate school plans, contact the Career Center at CareerCenter@union.edu.